What are Friends?
“Friends of the BDL” support the idea that our library is a valuable community asset that needs nourishment to help foster the educational aspirations of young children, youth, and adults. Friends groups are citizens who use their collective powers to do everything from running book sales, assisting the library board and staff with special events, to purchasing special technology, promoting literacy, and much more!
Ask a library staff member for more information, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help someone learn to read
- Open the doors to life long learning
- Provide a cozy nook or enchanted tower for children’s stories
- Keep classic literature alive and bring bestsellers to the bookshelves
- Sponsor award winning authors for local chats and lectures
- Create a community of readers
Become a member of the Friends of the Boyne District Library and you will:
- Receive patron reserved seating at authors’ events
- Be invited to members only advance book sales
- Choose a free book at the Friends’ annual fund raiser
Student ($5)________ Individual ($10)____________ Family ($25)________
Business ($100)_________ Life ($500)__________
Please make checks payable to Friends of the Boyne District Library.
Include your name, address, telephone and email information and send to:
Friends of the Boyne District Library, 201 E. Main Street, Boyne City, MI 49712
Thank You for Becoming A Friend With Benefits!
Membership contributions are tax deductible.
2017 Friends of the Library Board Members: Bob Metzger (president), Trish Wright (vice-president), Linda Burgert (secretary), Donna Parish (treasurer), Nancy Epstein, Geri Dietze, Betsy Koss, Ed Strzelinski, and Kris Redman