Who are Friends?
“Friends of the BDL” support the idea that our library is a valuable community asset that needs nourishment to help foster the educational aspirations of young children, youth, and adults. Friends groups are citizens who use their collective powers to do everything from running book sales, assisting the library board and staff with special events, to purchasing special technology, promoting literacy, and much more!
Ask a library staff member for more information, or email: email@example.com
- Help someone learn to read
- Open the doors to life long learning
- Provide a cozy nook or enchanted tower for children’s stories
- Keep classic literature alive and bring bestsellers to the bookshelves
- Sponsor award winning authors for local chats and lectures
- Create a community of readers
The Friends of the Boyne District Library advocates the use, understanding, and appreciation of the Library through service and fundraising.
Goals of the Friends
The Friends of the Library is a non-profit group responsible to the Library’s Board and to the director of the Library. The Friends of the Library strives
- to design and implement fundraising projects
- to support the Library’s onsite programming
- to support the Library’s outreach to the community
- to provide staffing when requested for the Library’s programs
- to purchase needed physical items that enrich the Library
- to advertise the Library and its resources throughout the community
Become a member of the Friends of the Boyne District Library and you will: Receive patron reserved seating at authors’ events
Student ($5) Individual ($10) Family ($25) Business ($100) Life ($500)
Please make checks payable to Friends of the Boyne District Library. Include your name, address, telephone and email information and send to:
Friends of the Boyne District Library
201 E. Main Street, Boyne City, MI 49712
Membership contributions are tax deductible.
2018-19 Friends of the Library Board Members: Trish Wright (President), Chris Redman (Vice-President), Linda McGeorge (Treasurer), Betsy Koss (Secretary), Geri Dietze, Eric Hartlep, Nancy Epstein, Steve Sawyer, and Bob Metzger.